Project Description

Location: Cambridge, MA

Contractor: Skanska, USA

Architect: Renzo Piano / Payette & Associates

Additional Details: The Harvard Art Museums are comprised of three separate museums—the Fogg Museum, Busch-Reisinger Museum, and Arthur M. Sackler Museum. The Fogg Museum opened in 1895 on the northern edge of Harvard Yard in a modest Beaux-Arts building designed by Richard Morris Hunt. In 1927, the Fogg Museum moved to its home at 32 Quincy Street. The 200,000 sq. ft. renovation and addition to the existing museum included galleries with floating GRG barrel vaulted ceilings, an auditorium with acoustic walls and soffit panels, public gathering space, as well as teaching and art restoration space. For more information visit