Project Description

Location: Boston, MA

Contractor: John Moriarty & Associates

Architect: Norman Foster Associates

Additional Details: The original MFA opened its doors to the public on July 4, 1876, the nation’s centennial. Built in Copley Square, the MFA was then home to 5,600 works of art. Over the next several years, the collection and number of visitors grew exponentially, and in 1909 the Museum moved to its current home on Huntington Avenue. The Museum has undergone significant expansion and change in recent years. Our project with the MFA consisted of 220,000 sq ft of new construction and 50,000 sq ft of renovation for a new wing of the museum. For more information visit